Monday, November 29, 2010

First World Third World Thanksgivings

This weeks 1st world/3rd world has arrived a bit late. This is mostly due to the fact that I
spent most of the Thanksgiving holiday fulfilling my 20,000 leagues under the sea fantasy. But more about that later. For now enjoy this little tidbit inspired by a story one of my professors at Columbia used to tell all the time about his time doing research in Java.


1st World Problem: I got to the farmer's market too late and now they are all out of organic free range turkeys. I guess i'll have to buy a generic organic turkey from the grocery store.


3rd World Problem: We consider turkeys pets so I guess we'll have to cook the dog.


Hope you had a happy Friday!

*the region in which I spent Thanksgiving does in fact eat dog meat. They call it Ar.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you got to eat turkey for Thanksgiving, free range or not; and just so you don't worry, we didn't eat Pebbles for Thanksgiving dinner.

    ReplyDelete